Charisma Skin Blog > Nighttime is Face Time!
Nighttime is Face Time!
Posted on 12/06/2017 by Pam Wheeler
Nighttime is Face time!
During the daytime our body protects itself; by night, the body repairs itself. Your nighttime skin care regimen is vital for your skin to receive the most benefit from this physiological phenomenon. “The skin absorbs topical treatments the best in the mid-evening phase, around 9:00 p.m., and DNA repair is boosted”, according to Anna Persaud, of This Works.
While you are sleeping, serious skin renewal and repair processes are triggered including enhanced cell turnover, tissue repair and regeneration. So how can you maximize the benefits of all this activity and ensure that your skin is refreshed and restored by morning?
Follow these simples strategies:
1) Remember to treat your neck and décolletage when you are doing your nighttime regimen, as well as your face.
2) Be sure to cleanse twice at night (unless your skin is extremely dry or sensitive), to help remove daily impurities and pollution.
3) Exfoliate regularly; twice per week is recommended for most skin types, except rosacea-prone or sensitive skin. A cleansing brush, such as the bt-sonic is helpful to thoroughly clean the skin, and may be used for most skin types daily, and for sensitive skin 2 to 3 times a week. My clients have noticed a significant reduction of comedones (blackheads) and blemishes, as well as improved texture in their skin with the regular use of the bt-sonic cleansing brush (It’s also a great Holiday gift idea!).
4) After cleansing and exfoliating, tone your skin to help remove any remaining impurities on the skin’s surface, and balance the pH of your skin, as well as preparing it for the benefits of the serums/moisturizers to follow.
5) Nourish and moisturize your skin! The use of retinol, antioxidants, peptides, hyaluronic acid, and stem cells (plant-based) provide exceptional benefits to the skin, through serums and moisturizers. Depending on your skin’s needs, the right combination of these highly-effective ingredients can significantly improve the health and appearance of your skin. Here’s where seeing your esthetician for a skin analysis and a facial is imperative, so you can receive expert advice on to having the most beautiful, healthy skin possible for you! So, give your skin a Holiday treat and schedule your facial today!